Re:To Roxanne

>>Hello Roxanne,
I find what you said particularly to swallow, simply because it goes against
my 30 years of trying to keep unwanted algae under control.
You said you managed to damage glass with a razor. What exactly happened ?
If you keep the blade perfectly flush with the glass surface ,,, no damage
CAN occur. In fact, it never has. Have you been using a rusty razor ? That's
the only thing I can think of out of the top of my head that would do it.
And yes, I know, it isn't even very convincing.<<

Actually it is much easier than that. For me any way. I have managed to
scratch several of my glass tanks with a razor over the last few years, and
it is very annoying, particularly when you want to take pictures.And no they
weren't rusty blades.  "If you keep the blade perfectly flush with the glass
surface ,,, no damage
CAN occur"  Well perhaps that is the key...I don't know, but I guess then I
am to uncoordinated to hold it "perfectly" flush all the time. I found an
algae magnet to be much safer...as long as I dont get any Flourite stuck on
it.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com