Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #181

>I suppose that depends on what you think of as really nice sag.  I want it to
>stay low and small and spread.  I have it growing in the foreground of a 38
>gallon tank with 60 watts of NO fluorescent and I'm pleased.  With more light
>it got bigger and outgrew its aesthetic role in my tanks.

This is my experience too.  I have what I bought as "dwarf sag" in a
7-gallon mini-bow with 2 watts per gallon of regular flourescent light, and
it is about 2" high and dark green and looks nice in the foreground.  It
took a while to establish and isn't spreading very fast, but it looks
healthy and has spread and thickened a lot.  I thinned this stand and put
some in the foreground of a 28-gallon bow with 2.3 watts per gallon of
compact flourescent light, and it's as much as 8 inches tall, growing fast,
and light green.  Not at all a foreground plant in that tank and I'm going
to have to pull it all soon.  It pretty obviously true that watts per
gallon of CF is a lot more light than wpg of regular flourescent.

Ellen O'Connell
Parker, CO
mailto:oconnel4 at ix_netcom.com
http://www.rottrescue.com/