re: While we're on the creative tanks thread...

William wrote:

> I've got a 55-gallon tank that could use some creative help. ;-) We got a
> 55-gallon "high" acrylic tank at a garage sale beofre we thought
> through just how I'm supposed to keep plants in it. It's four feet long
> maybe a foot and a half deep, and no more than a foot front to back. Not
> good dimensions for plants, to say the least.

Those are about the dimensions of a standard 55.  It's one of the most common
tank sizes out there.  It's dimensions make it a little difficult to
aquascape, but growing plants isn't much of a problem.  I use 160 watts of
normal fluorescent light and it works just fine.

Roger Miller