pond snail friend or foe...

I have lots of the snails you have described. I haven't noticed any plant
damage caused by them. They mostly go across the glass, but on occasion I
have seen them on various plants eating dead leaves. I even watched one
small snail climb up a blade of hairgrass and clean it til it tipped over.

I accidentally caught all of my snails (vary in size from a pea to the head
of a needle) in a breeder net full of daphnia. My guess is that the first
snail that climbed into, and discovered the smorgasbord, yelled to all the
other snails to join in the gorging. Since then, I removed the net and let
the snails go back to foraging for food.'

Travis
Selecting cafe seating and lights