Re: KH measurements - what units?

1 KH = 17.9 ppm = 17.9 mg/l

Another favorite unit for some test kits (i.e., Hach) is grains/gal, or g/g:

1 g/g = 17 ppm = 17 mg/l

For the precision needed for our fish tanks, I treat the KH as g/g, allowing
a direct readout of KH using my Hach alkalinity test kit.

Anyway, for your reading of 60 mg/l:

60mg/l/17.9mg/l/KH = 3KH. Which is a little low if you are injecting CO2.
--
Augustine Rodriguez
Rice Lake, WI USA