Re: Tap water from a water softener

Hello Jeff,

As a rule, a water softener exchanges polyvalent cations for sodium
ions. Thus it REMOVES calcium/magnesium ions and ADDS sodium ions to the
water.

You would probably be better off (speaking in terms of aquarium water)
if you used the raw tapwater in your RO unit -- no excess sodium, which
RO does not remove efficiently.

Best,

George