Cooling an Aquarium and Global Warming

Tom Wood said:

<< But even then, placing the chiller outside still contributes to global
warming, so the problem is just removed once again to the larger cooling
system of the earth's environment. >>

Really?  Using a chiller contributes to global warming?  Do you mean in the
same way that using elecricity produced from fossil fuel does, or are you
talking about heat transfer to the atmosphere?  If the latter, I don't think
we have to worry about it a lot, even if everybody did it.

BTW, I spent part of the weekend a few hundred miles north of here, in an
area that was covered with a mile of ice a mere 12,000 years ago.  It has
been getting warmer there ever since, but it still has a long way to go,
especially in the winter.  <g>

Good luck.

Bill