Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #143

<< Dig a hole 3' deep anywhere in the US, and the ground at the bottom will
 be cold! I think near-surface underground temperatures average somewhere
 around 55F or so, and it is not very different from FL to ME, once you
 are several feet down (and not in a geothermal zone). [Do wine caves
 ring a bell?]

This is not true, ground water temps steadily rise as you get further south.
In my area of South Eastern NC the ground water is at around 68 to 72 degrees
(winter/summer). In the mountains it is cooler but at the coast and further
south it just gets warmer.

Moon