RE: smelly-green-carpet like algea

Absolutely, I agree !  There were indeed long discussions about this
when I posted that I had treated my tank with erythromycin.  I was told
that it wouldn't work (even though it already had).

However, it is now two or three months later, and I haven't seen a trace
of BGA since then, not even the tiniest speck.  The tank that had this
awful problem is beautiful, clean, sparkling, and the plants are growing
like crazy ! ! !  You should remove as much of the yucky stuff by hand
first, then treat with the antibiotic.

Gitte