Re: Luo Han / Flower Horn

Hi,

Thanks for a most interesting article on the flower horn craze.  Like all
crazes it will peak and die, but in this one living creatures are being
artificially created to meet a passing fad.  After it ends, what happens to
them?

Yesterday we had painted glass fish, today we have parrot fish and flower
horns, and tomorrow we'll be faced with genetically engineered
glow-in-the-dark discus and, maybe, sword plants.  I think this is something
that should be discouraged.

A good discussion of the ethics of hybridization is at the Malawi Cichlid
homepage, at http://malawicichlids.com/mw01013.htm.

I bet this will spawn some discussion here!  <g>

Good luck!

Bill