Plant ID help

I picked up a couple of stems while walking the puppy in central Connecticut
and I have not had any luck in identifying this plant. It was growing
completely immersed in a slow-current marshy brook, though there was also a
lot of stems growing emmersed. I've had it in my goldfish tank (low-tech)
for almost a week now and it is growing well and is sending out roots at the
leaf nodes. If anyone knows what it is, I'd appreciate the help.

http://www.arcflame.com/fish/unknown_plant.jpg

Thanks.

multipart/alternative
  text/html