Frustrated part II

Ok, this morning I noticed something new, which is that the new leaves on my
sword (a little compacta sword) are coming weird - distorted and crumpled.
Could this be a missing nutrient which, when I fix it, will magically solve
all my problems? Ok, could it at least fix the sword plant?

Also, about 1/2 the time when I stuff new stem plants into the gravel the
undergravel part of the stems rot. The other 1/2 the time, they root just
fine. Is this another clue?

I am feeling a little more hopeful this morning....

-rs