Profile

I am still having trouble with my Profile substrate. I tore down the
tank, washed the substrate really well and set it back up. The pH and KH
are always still dropping and the nitrates are still off the chart. The
colour shows imediately upon adding the second reagent. If I aereate a
sample of tank water the pH actually drops from 7.0 to 6.4. I have CO2
injection but I have no way of measuring how much CO2 I have disolved.
From the pH tests it appears to be less than ambient. The plants are
growing a little and I don't see any algae yet. If I add Amquel to the
tank the nitrate test does not show any colour until I add the third
reagent. Any ideas?

Wayne