too much work

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, or why I haven't seen this
somewhere else before. Maybe no one else is as precision oriented as I
(read anal).

Anyway, I came up with a way to very cheaply measure liquids to an
accuracy of around 0.03mL. I had been thinking of getting myself a burette
(http://www.dartmouth.edu/~chemlab/techniques/buret.html) to measure out
various stock solutions and what not. Then it hit on me that I didn't
need to do this. I could make my own very accurate burette out of airline
tubing. My airline tubing has an 11/64" (4.366mm) inside diameter (I
measured by inserting drill bits until I found one that touched all
sides, but did not take force to insert), so 0.015mL = 1mm of airline
tubing. If I make marks every 2mm, then attach the tubing to a syringe,
I can measure liquids with great precision.
<<<<<<

It might be easier, cheaper, more accurate, and generally more satisfactory to simply get yourself a glass burette. Any chemist will be glad to give you a discard. They usually have boxfuls.
Tony.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---