Re: Avoiding Dumping CO2

Tom Wood wrote (in response to Dave G.)

>Uh huh. What planet are we channeling from today Dr. Lizardo? At 21 degrees
>C (70°F), sound travels at 344 meters per second. Is there some kind of new
>physical property that we haven't heard of that comes into play when a gas
>is moving that fast?

Tom,

I can't vouch for the accuracy of everything Dave wrote but I can assure you that the physical properties of a moving gas do change with it's speed.  It's a well known phenomenon, very important (for instance) in aerodynamics.  The Mach number (speed of the gas relative to the speed of sound in the gas) is one of the fundamental dimensionless values used to quantify and describe the properties of a moving gas or of an object moving within the gas.

So you might consider backing off a little on the barbs.

Roger Miller