[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: persistent algae, especially red algae (BBA)

>>I'm lazy, you are apparently not.  I can try this, peroxide is cheap
and relatively non-toxic (I hate working with chlorox and I already
proved to myself that it kills the moss too).<<

Peroxide is toxic in large enough doses. It will kill your snails first,
then your bottom feeders. In high enough doses it will kill everything in
your tank. In small doses, and I mean SMALL it seems to slow algae down, but
I have never found it particularly effective.

Robert Paul Hudson