Re:External CO2 Reactor

> Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:30:18 -0700
> From: Scheele Juergen <juesche at earthlink_net>
> Subject: External CO2 Reactor
>
> A couple of weeks/months ago I was asking the list
> for suggestions on this issue.
>
> Besides the very interesting "Mixer J" from
> Marine Monster, unfortunately no longer available,
> the aqua - medic reactor and of course "good old Tom's"
> external CO2 reactor :-), there is not much available :-(
>
> I finally got mine last week and will have it set up
> over the long upcoming weekend.
> It's a kind of overkill, I know, but I like gadgets !
>
> www.westaqua.de/co2-reaktor.htm
>
> For a 50 g tank, if Tom can't doe a "special customer" order,
> you should check out DIY plans for Calcium Reactors over
> at the Saltwater Division.
> If you are a bit handy, you can make your own for a couple of bucks!
>
> www.kingvinnie.dynip.com/aquaria/diy/
>
> ....and to complete the circle...
>
> you can get a "Wooden Air stone' for -.89 put it in your tank,
> check your KH/GH/CO2 relationship and you're in business .
>
> Juergen

I've had tremendous success with a HydroLogix external CO2 reactor ( HCO 150
External) . It's been in use on my 55 gal. tank since November 2000 and has
required no maintenance at all in that time. It is a bit pricey but the
construction is very heavy duty. You can read about it and find a link to
the manufacturer at:
http://www.home.cshore.com/luna/Fishpics/Misc.html
HTH,
Bob Buettner
In way too chilly NW CT....still getting frost in the morning!