[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Glossostigma diandrum
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Glossostigma diandrum
- From: Dave Wilson <rwilson at octa4_net.au>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:09:47 +0930
- In-reply-to: <200205190748.g4J7m3s06084 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200205190748.g4J7m3s06084 at acme_actwin.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 18:26:55 -0700
From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
Glossostigma diandrum grows well under water and I have more success
with this plant submerse than emerse. I have sent a picture to your
email address. The photo has a pencil in it for size comparison.
It would be a good plant for those who like small ground cover plants.
Is it a vernal pool plant? G.e. did well in a test pool here in CA. Once the
leaves became emergent, they remained very small as you describe this
species(G.d.). What about floral differences? Does this plant grow well
underwater like G.e.? Any morphological changes(e.g. leave size)?