Re: diffusors

>>The bubble rates won't match up, but that doesn't matter.  There is no
"official" bubble size.  But if you have the eheim, and you count 2 bubbles
per second, and you want more, you can go up to 3 bubbles per second.  So
the bubble counter is obviously working fine!<<

Yes, but you practically need a magnifying glass to see it! For me to get a
measurable amount of CO2 using that diffusor, 10 to 15ppm, The little tiny
bubbler was shooting off more bubbles per second than I could count, and
when I hooked up a real bubble counter, interchanged it, I got one bubble
every 2 seconds. That to me is a huge difference. I just want something I
can see and measure easily to compare to the pH, so I do not have to check
the pH as often. If I know with fair certainty that for example 1 bubble per
second will keep my pH at 6.8, then I don't feel as if I need to check the
pH on a weekly basis.  I just glance at the bubblecounter. And keep an eye
out for any signs of trouble. I check the pH at least once a month though. I
never felt comfortable doing that with the Eheim diffusor. Far to unstable.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com