[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #100
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #100
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 03:51:36 -0600
- References: <200205180748.g4I7m2Y10112 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0rc1) Gecko/20020417
> Thank you for sharing the warning. I'm about to buy one of those cause I
> can't seem to get enough CO2 into my 135gallon Discus tank (Reactors
> aren't doing the job).
If a true reactor isn't doing the job, then a diffusor most definitely would
not. The diffusors are less efficient. They basically just function as a
VERY effective airstone, producing a fog of bubbles. I wasn't able to
get very good CO2 levels when I was using a diffusor. I'd check your reactor
design, or examine your tank setup to determine what is causing CO2 loss.