Re: All my fish are dead. Ceramic CO2 diffuser warning.

On Fri, 17 May 2002 MrTorts at aol_com wrote:

>      All my fish are dead.  About 60 tetras, SAEs, ottos, Corys, AFFs, et al.
> were all found floating in my 100 gal. planted tank in my office this
> morning.  Cause of death: asphyxiation due to CO2 overdose, a result of
> misuse of a new ceramic diffuser.

Lemme guess, Eheim?

Had the same thing happen to me 3 years ago -- lost a tank of 100
Apistogramma fry.  I'll never use one again, thank you very much.
Anything that requires me to monitor the first week carefully that doesn't
have fail "secure" isn't going in my tank. I'll stick with my needle
valve-based system... though you can kill your fish with one of those, it
doesn't spontaneously happen while you're away.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com