Re: What to look for in a LFS

I certainly understand that people want to save money,
but unless you want to order all your plants and fish
mail order too, you really should support the LFS.
They do not make much of their money on stock and I
don't know any rich shop owners. Prices are high
because they have to be. To say they are trying to
take advantage of people is grossly unfair. THey are
trying to make a living.

I agree totally. I've seen some very high prices on
major equipment as
you
were saying. These items are there for newcomers that
don't know any
better
and they want to set up thier first tank- you have to
stock these even
though
I agree you or myself would never buy them. Now on the
other hand, if
you
just ripped your bag on your diatom, ran out of
amquel, or decided you
want
to upgrade your water change system with a holding
tank, pump and a
python
and your lfs doesn't have the stock are you going to
order from them or
an
online store? Me personally would order from my
favorite online store
because
I can get it a lot cheaper. Now if the lfs had it in
stock I would buy
it
from them because I like supporting my lfs, but I[m
not going to wait
for an
item to come in from them that I can get quicker and
cheaper myself. I
guess
it comes down to the old saying if you don't have it,
you can't sell
it.