Jungle ACE and Nitrates

I had added a small amount of Potassium Nitrate to my tank last week and
was testing the levels with a Red Sea test kit. I felt the nitrate
levels were a bit higher than I desired so I did a 20% water change
yesterday, which changed my Nitrate to 0ppm. My nitrate levels dropping
to 0ppm could not have occurred from just a 20% water change. I narrowed
it down to the Jungle ACE additive causing this. I added a small amount
of KNO3 to a liter container of water which resulted in about 100ppm
measurement. I then added a few drops of ACE to this solution and
measured 0ppm. Does ACE neutralize nitrates or just interfere with the
test kits itself giving a false negative reading?