[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: carpet/undercover plants...
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: carpet/undercover plants...
- From: Dave Wilson <rwilson at octa4_net.au>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 06:37:02 +0930
- In-reply-to: <200205151948.g4FJm1k14212 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200205151948.g4FJm1k14212 at acme_actwin.com>
Glossostigma elatinoides is found in the southern areas of Australia
(Temperate climate) and not in the tropics. It is also found in New
Zealand (temperate climate). Here (Darwin) in the tropics of
Australia it does not do well during the warmer part of the year (33
deg C average) but grows very well during the dry season (25 deg C
average). Glossodtigma diandrum a species with smaller leaves is
tropical and is found across the top of Australia. I think 83 to
85 is a little too hot for G. elatinoides. G.diandrum likes more
light than G.elatinoides. In Australian botany books they are
referred to as "Mud Matt".
"I am not sure what the perfect temp for glosso is but I am currently
growing it between 83-85 degrees. I can grow it in my high
light/high tech tank
but not my low light/low tech. Just assumed high light was the key to