Re:Plant Weights - An alternative?

In a message dated 5/7/2002 3:59:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> Then I’d use the slot to fit small, awkward to root plants into the inner
> hole, mounting it so it lightly grips their stems just above the root.
>
> Next, I’d burry this ring just below the surface of the gravel. The large
> diameter of the ring should prevent the plant from breaking free of the
> gravel, as it would act like an anchor rather than a weight.
>
> Within a few weeks, however, the cardboard should loose its consistency and
> begin to break down, freeing the now rooted plant from any growth
> restrictions.
>
> I think the main drawback would be pollution. Anyone have any idea about
> what small amounts of decomposing cardboard will have on a tanks biological
> load? It is after all just wood pulp.
>
> I’d appreciate any feedback the APD members have to contribute.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian.

 Or you can buy a pair of tweezers. They work like a charm. I always used to
try and use whatever I could to hold down stem plants. I couldn't believe it
how easy it was once I bought my first pair of 12" tweezers from the hardware
store for a 1.89

Jeff Vamos
cessnabum1 at aol_com

multipart/alternative