Re: Cladophora

    * From: "Rachel Sandage" <rachelsor at hotmail_com>

Ok, part II of this question: is the algae on the anubias leaves in these
two pictures:
http://communities.msn.com/rsfish/problems.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=41
http://communities.msn.com/rsfish/problems.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=42

The same as the algae on the log in these two pictures?
http://communities.msn.com/rsfish/problems.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=39
http://communities.msn.com/rsfish/problems.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=40

Because if it is, I am going to panic as Paul suggested, otherwise I'll let
it go because I like how it looks on the driftwood, and maybe I'll even let
one float as Tom suggested and see if it makes a ball.

-rachel

The algae on the Anubias leaves looks like green spot algae, usually not a
big problem.  Green spot algae and other "spot" algae seem to prefer old
Anubias leaves over anything else in the aquarium.

If the other alga is Cladophora and it is also the one that makes algae
balls, perhaps it is not as bad as the "less civilized" Cladophora that
covers and smothers everything.

Paul Krombholz in summer-like central Mississippi, getting some much-needed
rain, today.