Re: Name this algae

    * From: "Rachel Sandage" <rachelsor at hotmail_com>

>Can anyone id this algae:

>http://communities.msn.com/rsfish/problems.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=39
>This picture shows some scale; the cardinal in the photo is about 1.5" long:
>http://communities.msn.com/rsfish/problems.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=40

>I have another one which has longer strands growing out of it, kind of like
>a hirsute mole. BTW I had just done a water change; the watersprite in the
>photo pearls well, but not quite that well.

I think I see side branches, and so it is probably Cladophora---one of the
worst!  Keep after it or it will cover everything.  Remove every bit you
see! starve your SAE's! Get exotic and hideously expensive shrimp!

Paul Krombholz in summer-like central Mississippi, getting some much-needed
rain, today.