Re: Name that deficiency

    * From: CESSNABUM1 at aol_com

The tank is 2 months old. I had an algae problem that was due to low co2.
thank tom barr. I had a strange ph probe that read the calibration solutions
correct, but my tank water incorrect- even if I took a sample of water out of
the tank. I dealt with lou from hawaiin marine, I sent him the probe and he
tested it and said I was one in a million and sent me a new one for free! Now
that the tank isn't c02 limited is when this deficiency came about. I'm
thinking about adding iron along with tmg to keep a reading and see how the
tank improves. I'm sure my N03 will start getting used up once my traces are
right. any other suggestions?

jeff Vamos
cessnabum1 at aol_com

Definitely get the iron up to around 0.2 to 0.4 ppm, and also check the
calcium level just to make sure that your GH of 6 isn't entirely due to
magnesium.  By the way, Lamotte makes a kit that tests for Ca only, and Ca
plus Mg.  The difference is that you make the solution alkaline when you
are testing for Ca only.  If you test for Ca + Mg and then for Ca, only,
you can subtract to find the amount of Mg.  If increased Fe and Ca do not
help, then maybe you have some kind of toxicity.

Paul Krombholz in summer-like central Mississippi, getting some much-needed
rain, today.