Re: Moldy Plants?

Thanks Paul and Susi who responded off list, both recommending snails to get
rid of the plant mold. I will be moving MTS from my other tank over & hope
they'll enjoy it.

Paul had asked why I had used the Maracyn; I had BGA which was starting to
take over the tank. The Maracyn knocked it out completely, but also seems to
have knocked out the biological filter. The plants (except the Micranthemum,
which is recovering) seem to have really gotten a huge boost from the
Maracyn, I am assuming because of the NH3 in the water. But now I have a
white haze in the tank, which I think is the bacterial bloom often found in
new tanks, along with this plant mold. It's always something!

-Rachel