[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: My 2-cents worth as a beginner
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: My 2-cents worth as a beginner
- From: Paul Sears <psears at nrn1_NRCan.gc.ca>
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:43:56 -0400 (EDT)
- In-reply-to: <200205030549.g435nqPa002709 at mailhub_actwin.com> from "Aquatic Plants Digest" at May 03, 2002 01:49:52 AM
> From: "Kinney, Travis" <kinney at pdtarchs_com>
> Subject: PMDD recipe password protection...
As one of the people who wrote the original "PMDD" article, I'm
wondering about wading into this one, but not yet...
I can't let _this_ bit go though!
> For instance, I enjoy lowering my PH in my tanks and hope to check it in a
> few days to see if the CO2 concentrations have gone up.
There is _lots_ of stuff in the archive about this! The KH and
the CO2 concentration _set_ the pH. You cannot set the CO2 concentration
by adjusting the pH. Adding acid and lowering the pH just destroys KH -
after a few hours the CO2 concentration returns to what it was before
Paul Sears Ottawa, Canada