Re: Brackish Plants

>I used to have a good link for brackish plant recommendations, but I
can't find it anymore. If anyone has a resource, please send it to me
off list. I would appreciate it.

>Also, I would like to buy some plants (clippings) that are already
acclimated to brackish or that would do well. If anyone is interested
in sending me some clippings in exchange for a donation to the fund
and paid shipping, please let me know.
Thanks,
JoAnn

It's been a while since you posted this JoAnn, and you have perhaps had
plenty of answers by now.  I don't know an on-line resource, and if you have
gotten some positive responses off-line to your post, I would be pleased to
hear what you've learned.  However, I was just looking through an old book I
have entitled "Brackish Aquariums" by Michael Gos, and it sparked my memory
about this post.  The book is a bit dated, but there is a plant section.
The author's recommendations for brackish water are Java Fern (Microsorum
pteropus), Hygrophylia polysperma, and Sagittaria species.  He also likes
Hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum) and to a lesser extent, the pygmy chain
sword (Echinodorus tenellus).  The most common problem he cites is that most
fish that are usually kept in brackish tanks are notorious plant eaters.

On a related topic, I saw mangrove seedlings offered for sale through the
That Fish Place catalog.  They also offer a captive-mangrove "how-to" book
by Julian Sprung.  Anyone out there have experience with this?  It intrigues
me, but also smells like trouble.  No?

thanks,
lew