Re: Potassium Permanganate

>From: Lee <r-lee at pacbell_net>
>Subject: Potassium Permanganate
>
>I have been using Potassium Permanganate to clean my plants for this new
>set up & was wondering if anyone knew about the solution life.

The solution does not keep. I make as much as I need and discard the surplus.
For best results the solution should be acidified with a drop of sulphuric
acid.
(Handle both these chemicals with extreme care and keep away from kids!)

To remove stains caused by potassium permananate, remove with a solution of
sodium metabisulfite. This is a preservative that should be easily
available at a grocery shop.
You can use it to clean your fingers of stains also!

Raj, vu2zap
Bangalore, South India.