help needed - filter, not plant

I have just set up my 60 gal plant tank and turned on the filter - a new
Eheim Professional II.  Big Al's help isn't open for the weekend.  The
filter is leaking from where the power cord leaves the filter, not from the
couplings or gasket.  Any idea what is wrong or how to fix it?  This is my
first canister filter.  Baskets and couplings all seated as per directions,
everything runs fine except for this stream of water filling the cabinet.
Aaagh.

Sally