Re: lighting

> Dupla can insist all they wish:-) Doesn't mean they are correct. That was
> what? 1985? Things change. Lighting changes. PC's can easily go down to
> 36inches of depth. Amano seems to do it without PC's on all those tanks of
> his.

Well Tom compared to what you guys have readily available in USA, Europe and
Japan, the rest of the world is practically in the dark ages as regards to
lighting because it is not easily available and when it is available it is
foully expensive.
I for one had to specially order and get imported reflectors for my metal
halides and then have some one build the body out of sheet metal to fit the
MH bulb holder and reflector. Couldn't fit the ballast into the fixture so
the ballast is remote.
So Dupla's  insistence is still very valid for a lot of people on the list
:-).

PCs for aquariums, VHO - eh, what is that ? - is the reply I mouth even
before I hear it when I go looking for lighting, add Kelvin Temperature, CRI
and people think I am out to zap them.

Amano's bulbs and fixtures - Forget it. I don't think anyone on this list
has Amano's lighting and fixtures. Well may be a few let's take a poll that
will be interesting.

All those on this list who use any of Amano's equipment please post what
equipment you use - that broadens the poll.

PMDD, Substrate fertilisation, CO2 etc., etc., can somehow be managed, but
to get the aquarium looking pleasant one needs lighting and that is the
stumbling block for many of us.

Madan Subramanian
Bangalore, India.