Re: full time UV

Tom Barr wrote:

>On that note, I have good news to report with my no
>filter plant tank.
>It's a 25gallon with a 8 watt Aquanetics UV on the
>same timer as the light,

I have a UV hooked up on my 30 but it's hardly ever
turned on.  They're handy for green water (never had
that) and grey slime (did), but I noticed that when it
was on for a while, the plants looked a bit sickly,
like they needed more iron.  Don't you have a problem
with that happening?  I talked with Seachem about this
issue and they said that a UV will zap iron and some
vitamins.

Cavan