Anaerobic substrate again

Before few months I had asked about anaerobic substrate, however, I did get
some technical jargon but my fundas were not cleared.

I would now like to ask point blank:-

1. If I uproot a plant and if some air-bubbles come up from the substrate,
does it mean that the  substrate is anaerobic?,

2.If so, then what is its significance for the plant/fishes and what is the
prevention?

3. If I poke a tweezer in the substrate for a depth of about one inch at a
pont and if air-bubbles come up, doest that mean the substrate is anerobic?

I hope answers to these questions will  clear my bug for anaerobic
substrate.

Dr Athale,
Baroda India.