Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #41

> Incidentally, filter floss is a great mechanical medium.  Floss will
> provide some biological activity but I wouldn't promote it as a biological
> medium.  It plugs too quickly and the water flowing through tends to channel
> along paths of least resistence.  Little of its large surface area is
> actually exposed to flowing water at any one time.
>

> Roger Miller

I agree, Roger.  filter floss *does* channel the water and tends to foul far too rapidly
for me to want it as a biological medium.  As I breed large quantities of Angels and
Bettas, I can attest to the wonderful biological properties of sponge filters.  Crystal
clear water when used in the tanks here, for not only fry, but also adult tanks.

---Dan
B.A.T.