Re:Bioballs / Biomedia

Don't forget Eheim's ceramic cylinders, Ehfimech. The surface area per unit
volume is the same as miniballs. They are very easy to rinse and never have
any appreciable buildup, which tells me that biofilm sloughs off well. The
cores don't clog. For what it's worth, Eheim claims that the hollow design
helps even and distribute water flow through the media. BTW, vol. I of the
Baensch *Marine* atlas has a section on biomedia with photomicrographs and
a surface-area table.

Jared

Jared Weinberger
http://www.brainyday.com/jared