Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #33

In a message dated 4/16/02 4:02:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Does anyone know where I can start to look for these?  Is there a
government
 group or agency like the Department of Natural Resources or the State park
 systems?  I'm not sure who to call to begin researching this.
 I do live near the University of Michigan and Michigan State isn't too far
away
 either...which departments there would be a good start to call?

Good luck, I've seen them about twice in my life. Your fisheries people
should be able to help you if there is a lake in your state that has a jelly
fish population. I found out this winter that a lake near me "Lake Waccamaw"
has them at times. I hope to find the sedentary polyps to try and transplant
them to my pond and or aquarium. Does anyone in this group have or know
anyone who has green hydra? Green hydra use green algae like coral use
diatoms to supplement their food. I would like to get some of them started in
my main tank.

Moon