Hyphessobrycon callistus

>Michael Heerman is interested in Hyphessobrycon
>callistus, commonly known
>as the Neon Serpae Tetra (among other things), and
>wonders how this fish
>behaves in the company of plants.

Neon Serpae Tetra.  Never heard them referred to as
Neon before, must be a regional thing.  But since the
name Hyphessobrycon callistus was used I knew exactly
which fish was being referenced.

I have a school of 20-30 in a semi-planted SA cichlid
tank.  No problems with them nibbling plants.  It's the
 5 A. anostomus, L. faciatus and 3 M. festivus that I
have to keep well fed to get them off my plants.  But
alas, my Echinodorus sp. was pummeled this
weekend...leaves floating everywhere.  Oh well, that's
half the fun.

G. Martinez

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!