Re: budding barclaya

On Monday 15 April 2002 01:48, Rachel wrote:

> I have a very small Barclaya longifolia which started from a rhizome. The
> longest leaves on it are only about 3" long. It has put out a bud which has
> not yet opened.

The bud develops quickly so by now you may already know what the flower looks
like.  I don't have photos for you, but I can tell you that the flower is not
worth it.  It's fairly large for an aquatic plant flower, but there's nothing
there that you would call a petal.  Pretty ugly all in all.

Roger Miller