Biotope Aquariums

I am very interested in constructing a "pure" biotope aquarium. In fact,
I am interested in a few biotopes to model. I have found that the
information on plants is woefully inadequate. If I want to do a Rio
Nanay (Peruvian Amazon Basin) biotope, where am I going to find out what
plant species are there? I can find out what fish are there easily
enough, but the plants are proving to be impossible.

Anyone have any ideas? There have got to be biotope people on this list.
Where did they get their information?

Thanks

--
Jerry Baker