RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #20

>First there was disagreement about the common monikers but now there is
>disagreement about the latin labels.  Latin experts, speak up, we've
>already been informed that Floridae means "florid" not of or pertaining
>to "Florida, the Sunshine State," which would be floridaense or some
>such thing.

floridus -a -um [flowery , blossoming; made of or rich in flowers]; of age,
[fresh, blooming]; of speech, [flowery, florid]. (-ae is a plural ending)

(I knew three years of Latin would come in handy some day! <G>)

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/
New: Pics of 55 gallon fish tank and Pat Metheny concert

What you don't know doesn't hurt you, but it amuses a lot of other people.

Store, organize and access digital images easily. 30 day trial of the
standard in digital image organization: http://www.imagesw.com