The colors of algae

I have a kind of algae in my tank which I think is BGA - it smells icky and
is kind of slimy, and it looks kind of like a terrestrial moss, only
thinner. It seems to come in three colors - black (which also tends to look
matted), blue-green (almost turquoise - quite lovely), and dark green. Are
all three of these variants of BGA? I have some maracyn on its way from That
Pet Place, except FedEx seems to have lost it in their Harrisburg warehouse.

-Rachel