Re: Lighting in Amano Aquaria

Nice work John.

http://www.fitchfamily.com/lighting.html

According to your calculator I am about doubling my
"required" wattage on my 135gal.

Again, IMO, nothing is hard and fast.  CF's vs. NO's?
Reflectors or not?  Swords or glosso?  Tank depth?
All these questions influence how much light you will
want to use.

My friend Jeff Senske uses VHOs and a lot less light
than me.  But the combination of lots of water
circulation and moderate light levels (slower growth)
leads a to nice balance of a very clean tank, with
probably a quarter the maintenance.

Anyway, there are many ways to get to the same point.
Nice to see a scientific analysis (or at least a
statistical analysis) to an aquarium question.

Arthur

=====
http://awaqua.com -- AquaJournal REDUCED PRICE!
TAOPA · The Artistry of Planted Aquaria (Email List)
taopa-subscribe at yahoogroups_com