Mixed Acid

I have a LaMotte Nitrate test kit, axial reader type.  A new bottle of Mixed
Acid (V-6278-H) had a precipitate (I think that is the right word - crusty
white stuff) formed around the cap.  Do all the chemicals / acids
precipitate equally so no affect on test results or are test results likely
to be inaccurate?  The test I did indicated a lower level than I
anticipated.   I recently switched to dosing everything dry as well as and
tipped the balance toward slower growing plants.

Jay Reeves