Re: Correct Temp from Faucet to Tank with Python

I have a similar problem to the original poster - the temperature of the
water drifts as I add 50 gallons or so of water. And I have had a disaster
from it, when I wasn't paying attention and the water got too cold and I
lost 5 out of 12 cardinal tetras. So here's what I do now:

Adjust the water coming out of the tap by putting the python in suction mode
(with the fill end not in the water). Then I close it up so the water flows
through. While I am filling I check the water temperature pretty frequently,
and make small adjustments as I go along if I need to. My sink is about 25'
from the tank, so I am walking back and forth. It did take a little while to
be able to relate how far off the temp had gotten to the type of adjustment
I need to do, but I've gotten pretty good at it.

I think the temp change that killed the cardinal tetras was only about 6-7
degrees, if I'm remembering correctly.

-Rachel