Re: Ammania gracilis vs senegalensis

Cavan

these are two different species. AG is a bigger more robust plant, that can
develop substantial stems and leaves, it does not show the claw like leaves
that that AS has. Mature leaves of AS tend to be an orange-brown color, AG
is a lighter orange-pink. AS does not develop as thick a stem or leaves as
long as AG. AS is also a little more challenging.

They both produce small insignificant flowers at the leaf axils, which I
believe can germinate underwater, although I have only ever seen it flower
emersed. I think AS is red, and AG is purple, but I could be wrong about that.

Jim.