Substrate Choices

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a 30 long w/pressurized CO2. Currently in all of my other tanks, I have used the regular Flourite and have had much success with it. Now, I see that there are some other choices out there. I was looking for something that might be a little darker, maybe almost black in color. I am considering Volcanit(which is black and red)and Flora Base(which looks a dark brown in color). Both of those are supposed to be specifically for planted tanks. Also on Dr Fostor's there is something called Tropic Isle Tahitian Moon Sand but I am sure I would have to add something to it for the benefit of the plants. Has anyone had any experience with these other options?

Keith