Re: Negative attention

Billinet at aol_com wrote:
> <snip> ... but I agree that nothing will be gained
> by insulting the plaintiff here; I suspect he
> enjoys it.

Weird, but I have to agree.  I was once in a very
emotionally charged meeting where the two sides
were environmentalists and developers (you can
guess how that went.)  The meeting was primarily
for one group, but there was a single representative
(advocate) for the other.  I felt bad that the
comments were fast and furious beating on the one
guy all by himself.  There was a lot of tit-for-tat,
back-and-forth, and even personal (grandized)
statements.  At the end of the meeting I went up to
him privately to ask him how he was doing.

You would never believe the response.  I certainly
had a hard time with it.

He loved it.  It was great fun.  It was exciting.
It was one of the best times he ever had in his
life.  He loves going into a room where he knows
everybody hates him, and watching people fall over
themselves to merely insult him.

For the record, that's why he has that job:  To
put himself in positions like that.

I think that's weird and sick, but we're all aware
of people that crave negative attention.  Since
the plaintif is recently quoted in an article
stating that filing lawsuits against people is
his, "hobby", I'll have to agree with Bill that
he craves negative attention and is merely trolling
for another fun case to prosecute in court "five
miles from [his] house" while the other party
has to fly in from out-of-state.  Had I not met
this other person in the past, I would never have
believed it.

--charley